Embodied Resilience: Self-Care for a Healthy Nervous System
Welcome, Beautiful! If you’re looking to release stress from your body-mind, calm and soothe your nervous system, and create a self care practice that’s truly in tune with you — you’re in the right place.
In this six week program, we’re going to take a look “under the hood” at what’s going on with your nervous system…. and how it affects your energy levels, your moods, and even your thoughts and perceptions.
I’ll be giving you powerful practices for nervous system regulation, ease and flow as you create your healing self care practice… based on your system’s unique needs.
You’ll leave with your uniquely aligned, inspired, and sustainable self-care practice. So you can be fully present to yourself and your loved ones, feel clear and confident in your boundaries and needs, fully express your light, and create the highest version of the work you’re here to share.
Here’s what we’re up to….
A quick look at what we’ll cover….
- Intro to your Nervous System and Polyvagal Theory, Part One
- Gathering your resources
- “Top down” vs. “bottom up” approaches to healing and wellness
- How trauma affects the brain and physiology, and how to approach healing from a body-based level
- Why affirmations have limits, and how to speak the “language” of your nervous system
Week Two: The Physical Body
- Intro to your Nervous System and Polyvagal Theory, Part Two
- Understanding your nervous system’s patterns and where it gets “stuck”
- The Physical body and self-care
- The link between chronic muscle tension and stored fight/ flight responses
- Somatic Practices for connection and safety.
Week Three: The Emotional Body
- Emotions and our nervous system
- Understanding the role of allowing emotion to flow for greater regulation
- Working with anger in a healthy and empowering way
- Boundaries and self care: early development and boundary rupture
- What brings me joy? Creating regulation and flow in our emotional bodies.
Week Four: The Mental Body
- Self care and our mental body
- The link between hypervigilance and critical self-thoughts
- Information overload, FOMO, and our nervous systems
- A trauma-informed approach to meditation and mindfulness practices
- Creating your own path to mindfulness
- Somatic meditation practices to support your connection.
Week Five: The Energetic/ Spiritual Body
- Understanding the relationship between your nervous system and your spiritual connection & gifts
- Holding the highest frequency in the physical body
- The importance of grounding & embodiment when doing spiritual work
- Creating a clear channel
- Expanding your capacity through regulation
Week Six: Crafting Your Practice
- Putting it all together: understanding your system’s patterns and how you operate
- How to structure your own practice based on your system’s wiring
- Identifying the somatic practices that bring you regulation and flow
- How to create safety and install new programming for your full expression, expansion, and new levels of joy